Photographs of Dupont Circle in Washington D.C.
Some history about Dupont Circle: The fountain was built between 1920 and 1921, replacing a statue of Samuel Dupont which was relocated to Rockford Park in Wilimington, Delaware.
The fountain which replaced Dupont's statue was designed by Daniel Chester French, and is officially known as the Samuel Francis Du Pont Memorial Fountain.
The inscription upon the fountain reads: "Samuel Francis Dupont - Rear Admiral, United States Navy, 1803-1865. This Memorial Fountain Replaces a Statue Erected by the Congress of the United States in Recognition of His Distinguished Services.
Dupont Circle, intersection of Massachusetts Avenue; Connecticut Avenue, 19th Street NW; New Hampshire and P Street NW.
Original photos and page 2007 | Updated Nov 2017
This Town: Two Parties and a Funeral-Plus, Plenty of Valet Parking!-in America's Gilded Capital
Photos by Erik Weems - web site